As a Service Engineer you will be directly responsible for the management of EDRs (Error Damage Reports) and support to the Field Team to ensure customer satisfaction and a positive customer experience. You will work closely with our Customer Service Team to help provide an outstanding service whilst ensuring that everything we do is in line with our brand, values and standards.
“To become the U.K.’s most loved service.”
“To provide solutions that inspire daily moments of happiness, pride and comfort.”
ShuttersUp is an innovative company that is in pursuit of the highest levels of standards and customer service – not just in our industry, but within the whole of the U.K.
Our company was created from a garage in Bromley, Kent in 2006 to provide plantation shutters to the domestic and trade markets. We have since undertaken huge growth, ensuring that we remain humble and honest whilst we transition into a home improvements company, providing a number of high quality products to compliment our shutter range.
Central to achieving our goals is our brand and philosophy: “Made For You”. People are at the very heart of our identity and “we never do what is easiest for us, we do what is best for our customers”. Another way to explain our identity is “We don’t make shutters for windows, we make shutters for people”.
We are passionate about creating a desirable company culture for the rest of our industry to follow. We believe that by employing and retaining the very best people with matching beliefs – we can truly offer the very best service to our customers.
About the position
Are you obsessed with providing the highest level of service?
Are you passionate about growing and improving as an individual as well as a team?
Do you love working with people to help create, inspire and achieve their dreams?
Due to growth, we have an exciting opportunity for someone to join the team as a Service Engineer. This is a hands-on role, with plenty of responsibility. The ideal person will be someone who is able to build strong relationships with customers across all of Greater London, the South East including Surrey, Kent and Sussex, providing a personal experience as opposed to one more synonymous with a large organisation.
The most enjoyable part of being a Service Engineer is building relationships with customers, trade clients and all members of our team. We are continuously striving to improve and therefore, ideas and feedback will be a critical part of the job role.
- To provide support for the team to ensure that we exceed customers’ expectations at every opportunity.
- Manage EDRs to ensure our customers’ wants and needs are considered whilst achieving their dream look.
- Keep up to date with specifications and ensure that we provide an accurate service and products to our customers.
- Provide support after visiting clients in order to answer any queries they may have.
- Be driven to meet targets whilst sharing new ideas to achieve customer satisfaction.
- Be highly motivated to go above and beyond for our customers
- Has excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Is solution focused and enjoys improving processes
- Has a can-do attitude
- Is confident when communicating with customers over the phone and in person
- Has great attention to detail, in particular in regards to understanding product specifications
- Previous experience in a shutter fitting environment (minimum 2 years)
- Is Reliable and Punctual at all times
- Is able to remain calm when under pressure
- Full driving licence
- £31,200 per annum, with the potential to be added to the Profit Share Scheme
- Training will be provided
- Uniform provided
- Part of an energetic and friendly team
- Company vehicle and tools will be provided
- Annual paid day off for birthdays.
The closing date for applications is 12.00pm on Friday 9 December 2021. To apply please provide your CV and a supporting statement (of no more than one side of A4) to provide evidence of how you meet the criteria for the position. Applications should be emailed to [email protected].