- In these conditions the sale ‘the seller’ means ShuttersUp and ‘the buyer means the person, firm or company placing an order for goods or services which are subject to these terms and conditions which are not variable except in writing signed by the seller.
- These conditions of sale together with the particulars contained in the order acceptance and any special conditions agreed by the seller in writing constitute the entire contract between the buyer and the seller.
- Periods of time referred to in these conditions of sale shall be of the essence.
- All quotations by the seller represent an invitation to the buyer to place an order and do not constitute a legal offer. The purchase order will be regarded as the offer and the seller’s order acceptance will be regarded as binding. No alternative terms and conditions will be considered or accepted by the seller. Trade prices will only be quoted if a proof of business is given.
- All prices are quoted without commitment and are subject to alteration or withdrawal by the seller without prior notice.
- Delivery times stated are estimates only. Whilst every effort is made to ensure due performance the seller cannot accept responsibility for damages or consequential loss or damage arising out of delay or failure to deliver by the specified date caused beyond our control if delivery is completed within a reasonable time.
- Orders that are sent by post either at the customer’s request or at the discretion of the seller are dispatched entirely at the customer’s risk. The seller cannot accept responsibility should the Post Office or any other delivery service lose or delay delivery.
- The buyer shall provide at its own expense adequate assistance for unloading goods at their place of delivery within a reasonable time from the arrival of the delivery vehicle. In the event of default the buyer shall be liable for the additional cost of delivery or redelivery thereby occasioned.
- If a buyer fails to take delivery/installation of the goods or any part of them on the due date for any reason whatsoever the seller will be entitled to charge for re-delivery/installation. The buyer will pay to the seller all costs and expenses including storage and insurance charges as deemed necessary by the seller. Any delay to deliver by the seller will not entitle the buyer to refuse delivery or to repudiate the contract and the full price will still be payable to the seller without deduction if delivery is completed within a reasonable time.
- Non-delivery or damage pilferage in transit must be reported in writing to the seller as soon as reasonably practical of installation or delivery of goods. Where goods are collected from the seller by the buyer or a third party nominated by the buyer the risk in the goods passes to the buyer upon delivery to the buyer or such third party. Thereupon all liability of the seller in the goods for loss or destruction, breakages, shortages or non-delivery shall cease.
- The address for delivery shall be the buyer’s address as stated on the order unless otherwise agreed between the par ties in writing.
- Once the goods are delivered and signed for either in good condition or un-checked, the seller cannot accept responsibility for any damage to said property.
Retention of Title
- The goods shall remain the property of the seller until full payment has been received (each order being considered as a whole)
- Upon taking possession of the goods the buyer shall be a bailey of the goods for the seller until title has passed to the buyer and shall store the goods upon its premises separately from its own goods and shall clearly mark its goods, so that they are clearly identifiable as the goods of the seller.
- The buyer’s right to possession of the goods will cease at the earliest of the following date:
- On expiration of any agreed period of credit or the due date for payment of any invoice has passed.
- If being an individual he commits an act of bankruptcy or makes a proposal to his creditors or does anything which would entitle a petition for a bankruptcy order to be made, or the seller believes on reasonable grounds that the same is likely to occur.
- If being a company it goes into liquidation or does anything or fails to do anything which would entitle a receiver to take possession of any assets or which would entitle any person to present a petition for winding up or to apply for an Administration order or the seller believes on reasonable grounds that the same is likely to occur.
- If the buyer does or fails to do anything which may in any way imperil the title of the seller to the goods.
Carriage and Packing Charges
- Mainland – There is a charge on all orders for goods. Current charges can be found in the seller’s most recent newsletter and or price list. Exceptions are single packages of hardware and sample colours which will be forwarded to the buyer by the seller at the request of the buyer by first class post to be charged at cost if agreed. It should be noted that the liability for such dispatches is held with the buyer. The seller will be responsible only for deliveries made to business addresses by our approved carrier. Prices are inclusive VAT
- Northern Ireland/Isle of Man, Channel Islands and European deliveries shall be made by post or by courier at cost. Prices are inclusive VAT.
- Free of charge stain samples can be supplied to the buyer. Sample shutters /blinds can be supplied and invoiced at charges specified in the seller’s price list or current newsletter if not returned within 1 month of dispatch.
- There is no minimum order.
- Unless the seller has approved a credit application evidenced in writing all goods must be paid for prior to delivery or on completion of installation as agreed. Credit terms are that payment be made by the end of the month following date of invoice.
- If payment is not made by the due date interest shall be charged thereon at a rate of 2.5% per month above the base rate of Lloyds TSB Bank PLC for the time being on a day to day basis.
- If an account becomes overdue, orders will be suspended until the account is brought up to date. The seller reserves the right (without prejudice to any right to damages or other remedy available) to withhold further delivery to the buyer until payment in full, including any interest due, is made.
- The company reserves the right to close existing accounts or refuse to open new accounts without being required to give notice or reasons. An account which has been dormant for a period of six months will be automatically closed, however, facilities to purchase products on a pro forma basis may be offered at the company’s discretion.
- The buyer acknowledges the position of the seller as the supplier of the products having a high reputation and premium brand image, and will ensure that the products are resold and presented for resale in a manner which maintains and enhances that reputation.
- No one involved in the operation of the account should be directly or indirectly engaged, concerned or interested in any way in the business of supplying ShuttersUp products by mail order from the approved premises or from any other location.
- Due to the bespoke nature of our products, Shuttersup Ltd are exempt from the 14-day cancellation period under the consumer contracts (information_cancellation and additional charges) regulations 2013.
- Any defective goods must be returned where reasonably practical for the buyer from the time of the product(s) being delivered/installed.
- All goods are sold to the buyer on the following conditions and the buyer must ensure that the following conditions are incorporated into any contract with their own customer. The seller does not accept any responsibility arising from the buyer’s failure to follow this condition.
- All goods should be fully inspected prior to installation. The buyer must check that the shutters and blinds are in accordance with the purchase order both for colour and design prior to installation. The seller cannot accept responsibility in circumstances where the buyer is not present at the delivery /installation address.
- The buyer must check that shutters and blinds are to colour sample prior to installation. The seller cannot guarantee precise colour matching against samples; our products are made from a natural material. Minor imperfections not readily apparent at a distance of four feet, under ordinary light will not be accepted as a defect. Colour matching of finishing products (e.g. paints and stains) cannot be guaranteed although every reasonable effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of the finished product.
- The seller cannot guarantee the goods against fading especially as a result of exposure to sunlight where fading will occur. Our goods are not guaranteed against extreme damp or variable conditions.
- The seller reserves the right to withdraw any products and colours at any time before the contact is made between buyer and seller without prior notice and cannot be held responsible for any consequences, caused by the withdrawal of such products.
- The seller gives no warranty as to the fitness of the product supplied for any purpose other than that of an internal window dressing as surveyed by the company; other installation and uses are the risk of the buyer.
- Tolerance levels of overall panel specifications are plus or minus 7mm per individual panel, and the product will not be considered defective if falling within the size range. Warp on any component part, vertical or horizontal, shall not exceed 2mm per 300mm and shall not be considered defective if within this tolerance.
- It is recommended that panels be ordered within our normal specification range. For example, those panels above 1100mm in height are ordered with a divider rail, and that panel widths do not exceed 450mm. We may exceed the limitation at your request, but in doing so we cannot accept responsibility for problems that result.
- If the client is not on site when property is surveyed or installed the shutters will be fitted in accordance to our standard practices unless agreed prior to confirmation. If they chose to install against our recommendation, then liability will be theirs.
- If installers are paid by the clients directly the seller cannot accept liability for any damage.
- The seller accepts no responsibility for changes in any aspect of the window or window surround/window handles/alarms sensors/or any additions to window or the surround after the final measure and the order has been placed. – Any goods that do not fit as a result of this will still need to be paid in full and any remakes or further work required will also be charged for.
Products & Installation
- The Buyer understands that the beauty and nature of wood is that no two pieces are identical and each has its own character and natural grain. Therefore, variations can occur of colour and grain.
- The Buyer understands that the factory will not consider minor imperfections unless they are apparent from a distance of at least 4 feet away and are seen in ordinary light.
- Shutters and blinds that are agreed to be fitted close to the window will be measured to clear the handles but not the locking key that may protrude from the handle when left in. The Buyer must notify the seller prior to order should the buyer like the keys to be left in place so that the seller can adapt the product(s) appropriately. The seller will then confirm either in writing on the survey form or by email that this has been done.
- The Buyer understands that neither shutters or blinds are sold as a 100% blackout product.
- Although the Seller will always install products to the best possible quality, the Buyer understands that the Seller cannot be held ultimately responsible for the for how level and square the Buyer’s recesses, window sills, walls and windows are.
- The seller understands that when ordering shutters, the right-hand door where shutters meet will be the lead opening door unless confirmed and agreed on the signed survey sheet or in writing by email from the seller before order is placed.
- The Buyer understands that after placing a deposit any changes that the buyer then wishes to make to the order may incur costs if the factory has already started production. All changes must be made in writing by email to email@example.com.
- The Buyer understands and accepts that any outstanding balances must be paid prior to installation or delivery of goods unless agreed and stipulated in writing by the Seller.
- The Buyer must ensure that all areas and surrounding areas where the seller is asked to carry out works must be clear from obstructions. The Seller cannot accept any liability for any damages to or from obstructions that the Seller is asked to move or deemed necessary to move to complete works – unless caused by company negligence.
- On rare occasions the seller may have to cancel installations at short notice through illness or other matters that arise that are not within the sellers control. In these circumstances the seller will not accept any claims for compensation for loss of time or inconvenience.
- The Seller notes that that if the Buyer cannot complete works through no fault of their own that the seller may be subject to additional charges.
- The Buyer understands that the Seller must be made aware of any installation cancellations by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at least 48 hours prior to install unless the buyer cannot attend through illness or other matters out of their control. Failure to do so may mean that the Buyer will incur a cancellation fee of £180.00 inclusive of VAT unless agreed by the seller.
Contracts with the seller shall in all respects to be constructed and operate as a contract made in England. The buyer and the seller hereby accept the exclusive jurisdiction of the English or European Courts in relation to any dispute which may arise out of or in connection with the contract for the goods supplied there under save that either party to the contract may refer any dispute thereunder to the tribunal of arbitration of the London Chamber of Commerce.
What are cookies
Cookies are small pieces of text sent by your web browser by a website you visit. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows the Service or a third-party to recognise you and make your next visit easier and the Service more useful to you.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
In addition to our own cookies, we may also use various third-parties cookies to report usage statistics of the Service, deliver advertisements on and through the Service, and so on.
What are your choices regarding cookies
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Where can your find more information about cookies
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites: