- The very low thermal conductivity of wood means it is a good insulator and therefore, energy efficient.
- With hardwood, you do not have to worry about sun damage or boisterous children and pets damaging your quality shutters. Wood is strong enough to withstand normal home life. In fact, wood is so durable that many companies choose not to offer warranties on plantation shutters, but at ShuttersUp, we give you even more peace of mind by providing a 5-year warranty on all our wooden shutters.
- By their very nature, wooden shutters are easy to clean and maintain. As a natural material, they do not require expensive maintenance or elaborate cleaning steps. You can quite literally just wipe your plantation shutters with a damp cloth.
- Installing wooden shutters is one of the few upgrades you can make that will continue to add value to your home. As a favoured material that has remained a trendsetter for centuries, it is unlikely to ever go out of fashion. You can rest assured that wooden shutters are a home fixture that is here to stay.
- Our wooden shutters are manufactured by one of the biggest manufacturers in the world who are committed to reducing their carbon footprint where possible. They have recently begun plans to cultivate their own trees to help protect existing forests.