White is a colour that often gets a hard time! People are often hesitant to buy items in white for various reasons, but primarily because of potential staining concerns, practicality, fear of fading, and difficulties in cleaning. While we can customise window shutters to any colour you wish, white and neutral colours tend to be the most popular choice among our customers. Here are sixteen reasons why white is a great colour choice for your interior window shutters.
- Aesthetics: White shutters have a timeless and elegant appearance that complements a wide variety of architectural styles and interior design themes. The clean and crisp look of white shutters can enhance the overall aesthetics of your space.
- Zero discolouration or fading: Our shutters are either painted using a cellulose base paint or they are coated with polyurethane. This means that our shutters have protection against UV rays and discolouration. With this protection, white shutters will never discolour or turn yellow, and they can help protect your furniture, flooring, and other interior items from the fading effects of direct sunlight, as they can be adjusted to block out or filter UV rays.
- Heat reflecting: As you may already know, lighter colours tend to reflect heat, while darker colours tend to absorb it. That means that white shutters themselves won’t be vectors for heat to pass into your home, whereas a darker window treatment would be. Shutters are a great way to cool your home passively.
- Versatility: White is a neutral colour that can easily blend in with various colour palettes, allowing you to change your interior décor without worrying about clashing with your window treatments.
- Light control: Shutters provide excellent control over the amount of light entering a room. With adjustable louvres, you can easily adjust the angle to let in just the right amount of natural light or block it out entirely for privacy.
- Privacy: Wooden shutters offer more privacy compared to sheer curtains or blinds, as they can be adjusted to allow light in while maintaining a level of seclusion.
- Ventilation: The adjustable louvres in shutters allow for effective ventilation. You can tilt the louvres to allow fresh air to circulate while maintaining privacy and controlling the amount of direct sunlight.
- Energy efficiency: Shutters provide an extra layer of insulation for your windows. They can help regulate indoor temperatures by blocking out excess heat in the summer and retaining warmth during the winter, potentially reducing your energy bills.
- Durability: High-quality wooden shutters are built to last. They can withstand wear and tear and, if properly maintained, they can serve you for many years.
- Easy maintenance: White wooden shutters are relatively easy to clean and maintain. Regular dusting and occasional wiping down with a damp cloth are usually sufficient to keep them looking their best.
- Increased home value: Installing quality shutters can add value to your home, both aesthetically and practically. They are considered a desirable feature by potential homebuyers.
- Customisation: White wooden shutters can be customised to fit a variety of window shapes and sizes, ensuring a perfect fit for your specific needs.
- Light diffusion: The adjustable louvres within shutters can diffuse incoming light, reducing harsh glare and creating a softer, more even illumination in your living spaces.
- Longevity: Wood is a durable material that, when properly maintained, can withstand the test of time. White shutters made from quality wood can maintain their appearance and functionality for years.
- Child and pet safety: Unlike some blinds, shutters don’t have dangling cords. This makes them a safer option for households with young children and pets.
- Custom made: Unlike off-the-shelf solutions, our bespoke made shutters can be crafted for any size, shape, and style of window. We can even customise the colour. So, whether you want white frames and coloured louvres, or white on the shutter’s interior and another colour on the exterior, we can accommodate.
If you are looking for something a little different, why not try white grained shutters like these ones we recently installed for a customer:
While white wooden shutters offer numerous benefits, it’s important to choose shutters made from quality materials and to ensure proper installation to fully enjoy these advantages. Find out more about our hardwood and PVC shutters or contact us to chat things through on 020 8776 1484.